Thursday, February 4, 2010

Working it out......

Do you ever feel like you just can't quite wrap your brain around some things?

That's me and my knee right now. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I'm limited in the exercise department right now. I want to go running, in the worst kind of way. I'd love to go over to the track RIGHT NOW, the outdoor one, and run in this light falling snow. What a wonderful day to run, (with the track cleared off of course =) but I can't, and that has me, well, trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I can't. It is not computing for some reason today.

So because I want to run and can't, I don't want to do anything at all. That I CAN unfortunately wrap my brain around!! So what's a girl to do? Go get my workout clothes on and get with it. No excuses. No pity parties today. Move it Move it.

So that is exactly what I'm gonna do ~~ Move it Move it.

Today I start the Psalms in my 90 reading of God's Word and I am pumped about it!! I LOVE the Psalms. So as I ice today I'll have my Bible open to God's Word and really chewing on it; letting it soak deep into the crevices of my heart.

Let me leave you with this:

Psalm 1:1-3 (New International Version)

"1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers."


Have a wonderfully Blessed day ~~


Healthfully Yours,

Dawn


2 comments:

Jacquie said...

I don't have a chronic knee problem, but I do have days that I just don't feel like working out... and I do it anyway. Usually on those days, I kick my own backside in the gym harder than normal (I guess I'm thinking, I don't really want to be here so just slam it out and I'll be done)...but I always feel so much better after I've done it on those days. We just have to take life one day at a time.

Sorry you couldn't go run in the snow... which is something I'd NEVER have a desire to do.

Looks like we're expecting more of this crazy winter weather this weekend!

April said...

That is a bummer about your knee, but nothing compares to being filled with the word of God!! Thankfully we have a God who is more than enough! This too shall pass. It will get better my friend!