Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Keys to Consistency ~~ Counting Calories

There are several items that fall into the Consistent Key Category:

#1 is Counting Calories. Nobody really likes to do it. It is not especially fun or exciting, but I have found it key in weight loss and health and wellness success.

Counting calories, I have found for me, is a must. If I don't, then extra calories sneak in there. It is annoying, but true. Around CHRISTmas this year, for about four days, I did not count calories. Not good!! I ate too much and NOT the right things. Counting calories also helps me in the area if what I eat as well. I tend to eat much healthier when counting calories.

So let me give you a couple of links for websites where you can log your calories:

  1. My Net Diary -- My personal favorite!! There is a small fee for this site, but it is the most user friendly I have found, and with NO annoying advertisements to distract me or pop-ups to drive me crazy. It is easy to use and it is what works for me.
  2. Spark People -- This one is free and I have used it in the past. It has way too many distractions for me. I'd go there to count calories, but then I'd find myself signing up for this Spark or that one and pretty soon I was getting all these e-mails and I'd check on those things and not log my food, etc. Annoying. But it is a free service and LOTS of people have lost weight using it. So if you're looking for one to start with, this is a good one since it is free.

There are many more out there I am sure, but these are the two I have tried. I have also counted points using Weight Watchers online. It worked, but it does cost more and for me, I would eat more unhealthy items like sweeteners and 100 calorie packs because they fit in my points for the day. So for me it was not the best choice, but if that is what works for you, please use it. I have seen MANY people lose A LOT of weight on that program.

So let's get counting those calories shall we?

Healthfully Yours,
Dawn

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

No comments: