Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Food for Thought...

So on Friday's we'll do a segment called "Food for Thought". I love a regular Friday kind of post to wrap up the week.

This week my food for thought is on being deliberate. You do not get healthy and well on accident, just like you don't brush your teeth on accident or take a shower on accident. So when you eat, don't do it by happenstance. I so used to do that. I have shared before that I used to eat out of boredom, emotions, etc. Now I eat on purpose, to fuel my body and to be the best that God created me to be.

Just before I sat down to write this I was sooooooo hungry. Instead of reaching for crackers or something else with little nutritional value I decided (made a conscious decision) to eat some baby carrots and sun-dried tomato hummus. I am now satisfied and not stuffed or still wanting something more to it. Lunch is right around the corner so I didn't want something too filling and that snack was just enough.

Speaking of snacks, I am working on a post about them that will be after this one on the blog, because I started it before this one, it just isn't finished yet. But please always check out the labels on my side bar to go to specific items. I try to keep it very organized and easy so you can find the topic you'd like to read about.

So this weekend as you go about your days and nights, remember that come Monday you will be so happy that you were intent in your eating habits and you didn't abandon your exercise program, even if it's a little stretching on the weekends. It is so worth it.

Healthfully Yours,
Dawn

3 comments:

2cats said...

I am trying Dawn. At least all of the snacky things are now out of the house. I will be shopping soon and getting healthy snacks.
Thanks and have a good weekend.

Jacquie said...

When trying to get healthy, I think more people have trouble with the eating than working out. Being deliberate is EXACTLY what it takes to be successful!

prashant said...

Planning menus is not something I have ever done, but it seems that it would save money. So for this week I am searching recipes and making menus.

Work from home India