Thursday, January 7, 2010

What you do when your sick.....

So how do you handle exercise when your sick? What's the best way to handle it?

These are always questions that I have when I'm sick, like today. Started running fever last night. (I don't have a fever now, just feel really puny).

So this morning at 6:00 am and time for my first exercises for the day what's a puny girl to do? For me, I decided to just take it easy, but to move a little. I didn't do a lot of bending my head down or quick movements, just a little movement to wake my body up a little. But for the most part today, I will be taking it easy. Doing a little PT, but that's gonna be about it.

The best way to handle illness is to take it easy and let your body heal and restore, and drink lots of fluids. So that is what my day looks like today.

If you deal with chronic pain, the cold can be very difficult to handle when it comes to exercise. I would like to encourage you to move today. Even if its just a little. Breathe deeply, inhale and exhale and some light stretching. It will make you feel more energetic and ready for your day.

Okay so I'm off to drink a little hot tea and rest.

Healthfully Yours,
Dawn

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

OH NO!! You're sick????

I've always heard you are NEVER supposed to work out when you have a fever - dont want to get that core temp up any higher!

And once its down & broken, you area only supposed to work out slowly to build up because you get so weak afterwards...

just take it easy!!!

Jacquie said...

There's a general rule... it's the neck test. If the syptoms are above the neck (runny nose, sore throat), you can go ahead and excercise, but take the intensity down a litte...don't overdo it. If your symptoms are below the neck (chills, stomach problems, body aches, diarrhea), then it's best to take it easy until you're feeling better. But RJ is right, you should never workout with a fever.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

2cats said...

I'm afraid that now that it is OK to take it easy it will be a repeat of 9th grade swimming class.
I was sick the whole entire time we had swimming just so I didn't have to go in the water.

prashant said...

you area only supposed to work out slowly to build up because you get so weak afterwards...

Work from home India