Monday, January 4, 2010

Give it a go...

We all must start somewhere. So let's get started. Each week I'll be encouraging you in an area to help get you moving in the right direction.

First and foremost let me encourage you in the Word.

I John 1:1 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched - this we proclaim concerning the Word of life."

Having the Word in your heart is such an important part of your health and wellness. It will help you in the moments that you don't want to eat right or move. The Word will be your guide, your comfort and your strength in every area of your life: health and wellness included.

You are beautiful and God wants you to see just how beautiful you are from His perspective. That starts with getting to know Him. So curl up with His Word and hear Him speak His Truth to your heart. It is truly amazing!!! Then talk to Him. Tell Him your heart, what concerns you, what makes you crazy, what makes you happy, tell Him your desires and cares, He loves you so child. He wants to be your everything in everything!! SO AMAZING!!!

_______________________________

This week let's talk exercise. As we start a new year let's start it moving.

If you do not regularly work out, please see your doctor and talk with him/her about what exercise would be best for your current situation, especially if you deal with health problems.

I would love to lay out my workout plan for you, but workout plans need to be very individualized. What works for me will probably not work for you specifically. You must modify your workouts to fit your current health status.

If you have chronic pain and think you just cannot work out, let me be an encouragement to you today. God is on your side child. You may not be able to get out and run or even walk or ride a bike, this is my current situation, but I am still working out. I may not be able to do cardio, but I can do something, and something is exactly what I'm doing.

So today let's focus on calves. I did calves today in my first morning workout and it was so great!!! Strong calves are a great start to having strong legs. If you have not worked out your calves in a while, let me encourage you to start today. Start ever so slow, but please start.

The calf muscle helps support the entire leg, and it also helps you to have strong ankles. I have found that a simple calf raise exercise helps me immensely. If you need help, please e-mail me and I will run you through how to do calf raises with proper form. Proper form is a must for every exercise that you do. Even if you can't do a lot of reps, proper form makes sure that the reps you do are effective.

I'd like to close today with this quote and prayer: "He is all I need and all I desire. That is what gets me through the day." Let it get you through the day today too, dear one.

Healthfully yours,
Dawn

PS A posted a great breakfast recipe here. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Calves are often overlooked. I LOVE the soreness I get when I work my calves after having not concentrated on them for a bit!